Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Long time

Unfortunately it's been a while since I last blogged. Sorry for the suspense - I don't have great internet access at the hotel and I'm really busy during most of the day at work.

So I'm in Bangalore. I have a local cellphone number - email me if you need to get a hold of it.

This last weekend was a long weekend for dasra. 4 of us from work drove to Goa for the weekend and spent two long and blissful days on the beach eating prawn curry and rice, rava fish fry, masala fish, tiger prawns; drinking kingfisher, planters punches, and old monk rum; and browning our already-brown skin. It was wonderful.

I'm back at work. For some reason I'm at work and before I know it, it's 8pm.

Vikas and I found a huge climbing wall this morning and did a few climbs. There were people practicing for the national rock climbing championships in Delhi so there were some hardcore climbers there. Kids as young as 7 upto adults. It was awesome - I have to make sure I stay close to there.

This morning I took the bus to work. It's about 4 times cheaper than taking an auto-rickshaw. And the annoying auto-drivers refuse to go half the places I want to go anyways. And they try to cheat you. If I can get used to taking buses, that'll be the way to go.

We did a tour of the city yesterday to look at apts, and we're going to have another tour today. I think the people showing us stuff are mostly showing us fancyshmancy-expat housing with swimming pools, gyms, the works. I'm tempted to get a much more modest place but then sign up for a nice club where I can go work out, play golf, and socialize. We'll see.

OK. Must get back to work.

No comments: