Thursday, February 14, 2008

AAACMAADSSTT

Nope. It's not a puzzle (The puzzle is OTTFF).

It's the Annual Almost All Carnegie Mellon Almost All Desi Ski Snowboard and Telemark Trip. Naming, courtesy Kush.

It's been almost a decade since I graduated from college. In the past 5-6 years, we've been doing an annual ski trip comprised, as the name might suggest, of a group of close friends - many of whom I've known for almost 12 years.

17 of us will be in Steamboat Springs this weekend, and I can't wait. Apart from a few religious regulars, most people tend not to have made it to every single trip. I unfortunately missed two of the trips when we were in India, but last year's trip was great.

The group includes friends, friends-of-friends, significant-others-of-friends, and siblings-of-friends (I think that covers it - I don't think we've had any parents/grandparents attend :) ). It's one big family, and it's a great time to catch up with people I am not always in touch with. There's always lots of food, drink, games, stories, laughter. I can't wait.


I'm ridiculously out of shape. I did a practice-day at kirkwood this past weekend, and got my butt kicked by some double-blacks (I was just trying to confirm that they're still out of my league).

Incidentally, if you're a skier/snowboarder, you should check out the Ski and Snowboard Facebook application, developed by Vikas Gupta, my buddy and founder of jambool.

No comments: