Thursday, December 06, 2007

not another rails post

It has come to my attention that many of my readers couldn't care less about rails. I apologize. Since this past february, my life has been consumed by reporterist. I eat, breathe, and dream about it. Bed-talk with my wife often involves reporterist brainstorming.

And yet, life does tend to have a way of going on. I'm currently spending a few weeks in Pune, and am fortunate to be able to attend the famous Sawai Gandharva Mahotsav - a four-day indian classical music festival. It's my first ever, and the first day was great!

I'm happy to report that eighteen months of living in Bangalore seems to have solidified my India-driving skills. I'm now pretty comfortable driving here even after not doing so for a year.

I got a wisdom tooth removed, and have been in pain for over a week. Earlier this week I decided to stop taking painkillers, and start drinking instead. A bit of cognac from Dad's bar seems to have eased the pain (and pleased the palette) this evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOme wise advise: drinking and weblog writing does not go well together. Drugs & weblogs is a different matter all together. Enjoy being home!

Kaushik said...

Awesome! It's been many years since I attended the Sawai Gandharva festival.

Glad you are having fun in Pune. I should be there myself in 3 weeks' time.

-K