Tuesday, October 17, 2006

lamb

I need a web enabled cellphone. Everytime I go to the grocery store I randomly decide what I'm going to cook but then never have a recipe handy and have to guess how exactly I'm going to make it. Here is yesterday's impromptu lamb recipe, concocted from several recipes on epicurious, as well as a bit of creativity:

Ingredients:


  • Shoulders of lamb
  • Yogurt
  • Fresh mint
  • Garlic
  • Rosemary
  • Thyme
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Sea salt

Repeatedly stab the lamb with a fork on both sides. Sprinkle on some sea salt, spoon on some yogurt and let it sit for a bit. Turn on the broiler in your oven.

On a cutting board, chop some garlic and fresh mint. Add in the rosemary and thyme, and keep chopping until you have a finely chopped green mixture.

To the herb and garlic mixture, add in a little bit of vinegar and more yogurt and mix again. Spoon this onto the lamb and stab again repeatedly with a fork to help it absorb. Cover and let it set in the fridge.

Put it in the oven, about 3-4 inches from the broiler, for 6-7 minutes on each side.

Improvements? Ingredients that I mixed that shoudln't have been mixed? Let me know. I just made this up as I went along.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe... it happens to me everytime I go to a video store to rent a movie. I always end up going without any list in mind, and then want to check out IMDB but can't.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you stabbed your lamb!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you stabbed your lamb

Anonymous said...

Your RAZR should be web enabled, $6/ month for T-Mobile. Otherwise I would recommend the T-Mobile Dash.